Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
May 16, 2024 at 7:27 AM Post #151,951 of 153,744
I call it acceleration withdrawal syndrome.
Mine issue is known as Traffic Induced Tourette's Syndrome. [Reg. TM; © Roy G. Biv 2024]

Last edited:
May 16, 2024 at 7:56 AM Post #151,952 of 153,744
lol I generally dined on fish, chicken, beef and pork and an Italian brother in law taught me various pasta dishes. I worked in a brickyard one year and could go to a locally grocery and buy beer, if I showed up cleaned up after work they checked my ID. I worked with some pretty rough characters and blended in during work hours. I did very physical labor and needed the calories so I tended to eat a lot. I never went hungry or failed to pay rent or tuition, I have been fortunate throughout my life.
Fortune and luck are often the modest man's way of saying that he busted his hump every step of the way.
Usually goes hand-in-hand with whole heartedly welcoming opportunity across the threshold whenever it comes knocking.
Keep on keeping on Tom, you are an inspiration! (whether you want to be one or not).
:beerchug:

May 16, 2024 at 7:59 AM Post #151,953 of 153,744
He's back! Finally! :laughing:

And no worries, I'll be drinking a cup of Keurig-made coffee while I eat it. Two wrongs make a right, right? 🤣
😳

In a skillet??? You're also getting the order of your toppings confused; they're on top. It's right there in the name: toppings. Because that's where they belong at all times: on top! You must be from Chicago, only they are disrespectful enough regarding all things pizza to do what you are describing. 🤣

Three to five minutes at 450ºF in a toaster oven or normal oven, that's the only legal way to reheat a pizza. That is if you even need to reheat your pizza at all, as cold leftover pizza is one of life's great pleasures.

Contrary to what some philosophers have you believe, there are objective moral truths. Reheating a pizza in a skillet, especially if "topping side down" is a step in that process, is as morally objectionable as it gets. Microwaving your slice is bad enough as it is, but one wouldn't expect anything else from Cowen, so I'll turn a blind eye. But frying your pizza? Topping side down? There are no laws against such a thing (yet) simply because nobody has dared to even attempt such an atrocity and lived to tell the tale.
In what weird world do you get ' leftover pizza'??? that's as bizarre as the ' consume within one week of opening ' on a wine bottle - alien concepts in my universe ???

May 16, 2024 at 8:33 AM Post #151,954 of 153,744
.... not only that: how many college term papers were fueled by cold leftover pizza (washed down with vodka screwdriver)? .... 🤔📜 ....
I tend to use a Tovala oven for reheating pizza. It adds a bit of steam that keeps the crust from drying out. It takes more time than a microwave but the end result is much better.😉

May 16, 2024 at 8:44 AM Post #151,955 of 153,744
Lisbon
Edinburgh
Bay Area
Cambridge (UK)
Bay Area
Northern NJ
Philadelphia
Bay Area
Most of my personal vacations: snowy mountains.

Yes, we like the cooler version of Mediterranean climate for everyday living. Edinburgh summers were awesome for light. But I also love cold weather, something I didn't grow up with.

I love a cold shower!

May 16, 2024 at 8:55 AM Post #151,957 of 153,744
Make me smile almost each day I read posts...its like a long lost family...
Some of us are more lost than others...! 🥴

Oh, sorry to hear about your injury, but happy that you'll properly heal. It's that momentary lapse of concentration that gets you every time...! :thinking::anguished:🤣

May 16, 2024 at 9:01 AM Post #151,959 of 153,744
May 16, 2024 at 9:02 AM Post #151,960 of 153,744
Seriously? It's almost 3:00 here. I've been up for at least a couple hours. Jerk. :laughing:

I was working on the microwave that in the middle of heating up some leftover pizza just stopped. No lights, no nothing. Thoroughly dead. Was hoping it was something simple like a fuse, but no such luck. Microwaves hate me. This is the 3rd house that within a month of moving in the (built-in) microwave has died. Almost like there's a message here somewhere. And I can't even blame this one on GE -- it's a Maytag. 🤣

All those metal plates in your head reflecting the waves back...! 🤣 :radioactive:😵‍💫

May 16, 2024 at 9:06 AM Post #151,961 of 153,744
Crikey! That's going to be tough to blend, good thing you don't need to! The RSL SpeedWoofer is a top contender for quality/price ratio maximization; which is why they are almost always sold out. I like my Starkes and they run sales constantly: 2 for the price of 1, 15in for the price of the 12 etc, etc. Didn't like my SVS, do like my 3 OSD, my Outlaw M8 is a workhouse.

I have some TBI I could gift you (and amp) but they aren't really intended for movies.
Kind offer , thank you.

I'll do some research on the ones you like .
I've started kicking tires a little early on this , as I've been interested in syn since Jason's chapter on it.
A better DAC for my two channel system, and possibly a sub(s) as well, are ahead of home theater.
I'm also interested in Jason's idea for an "add on Syn". I have a spare saga s available.

Last edited:
May 16, 2024 at 9:20 AM Post #151,962 of 153,744
Oh that's horrifying. There are probably more than a few alternate universes where there is no Schiit Audio because I tripped and went head-first into our Frankensaw in the speaker days (think 5HP motor, 8' table, no guards, blade usually all the way up). I'm a giant baby now, and use a Dewalt contractor saw with all the guards on. As soon as the Boerne house is done, I'll get a SawStop and call it a day. Please be careful!

I'd be happy to come back, time permitting.

The Breville Pizzaiolo, for its silly price, has a fairly magical reheat-from-frozen setting that lets us do a batch of "wood fired," put them in the freezer, and then make them up individually later. Yes, we are lazy. Not sure how it does from cold, not frozen.

It replaced a big pre-pro for me too.

If there is ever an ultimate Syn, how about one that's more like an add-on to Freya or Kara? So, surround, add preamp to taste....
I like the idea of an ultimate Syn that seamlessly adds-on to Kara! (Or the upcoming uber pre, whose name escapes me as coffee not yet kicked in)…

But, on topic of Pre’s, I would love (in priority order):
1. Switchable Mono/Stereo - super useful on older mono records as well as things like azimuth setting
2. Balance control - yeah, I know it’s hard to do right, takes more space, adds cost, but… so useful

Any update on the upcoming uber-Pre? Not so much when (your “law” applies - LOL), but feature-wise?

May 16, 2024 at 9:26 AM Post #151,963 of 153,744
Also I will not make fun of Bill for owning a Keurig, we have one that uses k cups or you can make a pot of coffee. We use freshly roasted beans we grind and are happy with that.😁
Oh and I may be making a couple custom stands for Tyrs soon, very Schiit related work.
You should upgrade to home roasting… you’ll never go back, and, by my calculations, (16oz per day consumption rate), I had a just over two year ROI versus buying already roasted. Also, I can get my roast exactly as I like it.

I use the Genecafe’ roaster, and typically get my green beans from SweetMarias (California company)

May 16, 2024 at 9:37 AM Post #151,964 of 153,744
Here in NC there is a ton of good BBQ for sure.
One of my favorties is the chain, yes chain...Smithfields Barbecue...great vinegar based chicken b-que

This what I call the traditional North Carolina B-Bcue....yup vinegar based, cole slaw...simple and yummy!

1715802556775.png

This is one of my favorites...they have a spicey vinegar based hot sauce which makes it even more
vinegary tasting...OMG with a gold beer or even a acidic ice cold sweet tea its cry me a river baby good!!

There cole slaw is also awesome...simple and good and fresh!

Now this is not everyones cup of tea..so we have tons of beef and pork versions as well
1715802788095.png
Highly, highly recommend this. Pinnacle of hole in the wall Central NC bbq. Also hands down best hush puppies you will ever eat..
Screenshot_20240516_073538_Maps.jpg

Last edited:
May 16, 2024 at 9:42 AM Post #151,965 of 153,744
Fortune and luck are often the modest man's way of saying that he busted his hump every step of the way.
Usually goes hand-in-hand with whole heartedly welcoming opportunity across the threshold whenever it comes knocking.
Keep on keeping on Tom, you are an inspiration! (whether you want to be one or not).
:beerchug:
You are most kind MJ. To this day I have to stay active and find new challenges. I have also met fine people like yourself. In college I frequented a bar famous for bar bets. Some bets are elaborate tricks that are best to stay away from, but I tended to hold my own. Some were simple like cutting high card from a deck to see who paid for the next round. Fun stuff, for the person in the know. My favorite is pretty well known by now. You simply tell someone you will walk around them three times as they stand there and bet they will take a step before you circle them the third time. You just throw in a couple distractions like they have to keep their eyes open, or they need to keep drinking their drink.😉

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back