Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Apr 11, 2024 at 9:27 PM Post #147,496 of 152,013
It sounds reasonable except my speaker amps are on the ground floor. Upstairs it is headphones and their amps.šŸ¤Ŗ
Definitely take the opportunity to put some soundproofing/sound deadening in there.

Well, maybe not. That would tempt @bcowen to come over and play the Marilyn Manson at 11.

Apr 11, 2024 at 9:28 PM Post #147,497 of 152,013
I followed Bird, he was at IU for a short time but did not fit in well. Another favorite was Pistol Pete Maravich. Only three years of college ball and no three point shot and he averaged 44.2 points a game. Caitlin Clark broke his scoring record in four years with 503 three point shots made. A 54 year old record.
The current fascination with 3pointers has ruined the game. I'd love them to allow goaltending on 3pt attempts....

Apr 11, 2024 at 9:31 PM Post #147,498 of 152,013
Racing stripes add +5-10 horsepower depending on color.
My buddy Dick had a Cosworth Vega. We almost died in it one night, on the way to a concert at Valparaiso University. Needless to say, we missed the concert, and he was grounded for about six months.

Fun car, but handling and brakes did not match the power, and it had less structural integrity than an empty beer can.

Apr 11, 2024 at 9:32 PM Post #147,499 of 152,013
The current fascination with 3pointers has ruined the game. I'd love them to allow goaltending on 3pt attempts....
.... reminds me of the Johnny Carson quip about the NBA: "start 'em at 100 each & play for 2 minutes" .... šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™‚ļø

Apr 11, 2024 at 9:39 PM Post #147,501 of 152,013
My buddy Dick had a Cosworth Vega. We almost died in it one night, on the way to a concert at Valparaiso University. Needless to say, we missed the concert, and he was grounded for about six months.

Fun car, but handling and brakes did not match the power, and it had less structural integrity than an empty beer can.
Funny. Everyone's got that friend who almost killed them in a car. My friend almost ended my life in a MG Midget. šŸ˜³

Apr 11, 2024 at 9:40 PM Post #147,502 of 152,013
I've owned 7 Valiants. Mostly convertibles. Hereā€™s three of them. And yes Iā€™m a fool - these three were all plated and insured at the same timeā€¦ šŸ¤£ And I had a motorbike and a Westfalia too.

IMG_1992.jpeg
The one I had resembled the red one, but in a gorgeous green, not convertible. The 8-cylinder (IIRC) in it was a wonder.

Thing was a tank. I got rear-ended by an out-of-towner on Memorial Drive in Cambridge (near the Stop N Shop?). The all plastic rental front-end was all over the street.
The Valiant's rear bumper had an extra 2deg downward tilt...

Apr 11, 2024 at 9:42 PM Post #147,503 of 152,013
Where's the love for Chevy Vegas? I had a '73 sedan and a ****'76 wagon**** with a racing stripe!
IMG_7791.jpeg
speed parking / bag racing in A&P lot? šŸ˜‚

Apr 11, 2024 at 9:44 PM Post #147,504 of 152,013
Last week the founder told us to get a life and go outside or something and it died down in here for a couple of days but that is over now.
Oh, we all still need to get a life, but I could do with some more simplicity right now. Four states, two cars, three tortoises, a stop at the house under construction, decisions on that, signing stuff for the new building, taking the tortoises for a walk in the park in the middle of Boerne, heading to CC and hitting dinner, Home Depot, the store, and a walk to the beach, then back home to answer a bunch of questions on new product runs and schedule the email for tomorrow...yeah it's a crazy time. Not for everyone.

But still. Yeah. Get out there!

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Apr 11, 2024 at 9:51 PM Post #147,506 of 152,013
Apr 11, 2024 at 9:53 PM Post #147,507 of 152,013
Oh, we all still need to get a life, but I could do with some more simplicity right now. Four states, two cars, three tortoises, a stop at the house under construction, decisions on that, signing stuff for the new building, taking the tortoises for a walk in the park in the middle of Boerne, heading to CC and hitting dinner, Home Depot, the store, and a walk to the beach, then back home to answer a bunch of questions on new product runs and schedule the email for tomorrow...yeah it's a crazy time. Not for everyone.

And, with all that, you still keep it fun.

Apr 11, 2024 at 9:59 PM Post #147,509 of 152,013

Sounds like what you need is a couple album's worth of time cozied up next to a nice Schiit stack and a beverage of choice.

Apr 11, 2024 at 10:00 PM Post #147,510 of 152,013
I've owned 7 Valiants. Mostly convertibles. Hereā€™s three of them. And yes Iā€™m a fool - these three were all plated and insured at the same timeā€¦ šŸ¤£ And I had a motorbike and a Westfalia too.

IMG_1992.jpeg
You cannot knock a true ā€œput your money where your mouth isā€ obsession.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back