Monoprice Monolith M565C closed planar headphones impressions thread
May 16, 2024 at 6:03 AM Post #106 of 107
iBasso DC-Elite really does elevate the M565C's (4.4mm-balanced out) ....shows their technical limits finally for my ears..raises treble and mid-bass at least closer to balanced vs mid-centric..all that remains would be that nudge up a bit more in the subs...subs are teased out a times but not fully there.

The DC-Elite imaging and layering/placement really move into high-end DAP territory ability generally...that last 5%...so the M565c can scale up to a degree - more than I imagined.

The DC-Elite is like a "mini Hugo2"....better than Mojo2 and equals the Hugo2 in some technical aspects !

There is a narrow volume window with it however - before the power starts to skew into hot treble with no plug-ins/EQ.
It has trimmed down internal tech from iBasso's $3500 DAP !

Using AUDEZE Reveal plug-in and so far LCD-4/X presets really sounds great with M565C and wet dial set at around 72-75%..........
I will rotate all the Reveal presets till I get one that sounds great with DC-Elite/M565C..
LCD-4/X preset may not be last word, as they are tailored to even out the FR of those specific cans - obviously.

Reveal presets are alleviating the slight drawback skew to brightness as you ramp the volume louder with DC-Elite - it does make the imaging more diffuse also - but at times I think DC-Elite has some better technical aspects than HUGO2 with no Reveal filters enabled when in its volume range sweetspot...(!)

Bottom line : Great great combo for "budget" end-game sub-1k closed planar transportable set with earpads recommended further back in this thread...

Update : Am now using an Anker 533 Power Bank (PowerCore 30W) battery with iBasso's official Y-splitter cable as well to power the DC-Elite/M565Cs with no power output bottleneck....it shows 24 hours of power available at medium/loud volume.
61b7tqtAYoL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

-0) iBasso DC-Elite.jpg

Last edited:
Jun 1, 2024 at 5:13 AM Post #107 of 107
There is definitely a bit of variation between batches of M565C..even heard that with Fostex T50Xs.
The 2nd newer set I have that was in storage - stronger imaging and more elevation on the treble and low-end - just a notch but its there.
Not even sure if they still sell m565C, they should have scaled up the driver size so it can also take higher mWatts and the pads I found way back in the thread..give the sub-1500 closed planars a run for their money..I have not as yet hear Audeze Maxwell on the cheaper end of closed-back planars....

Edit : see they are still for sale on their website in USA at least....

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back