Meze EMPYREAN II
May 5, 2024 at 6:20 PM Post #601 of 611
the empyrean 2's sound signature differs significantly from the og empyrean and elite to my ears, which may explain why those reviewers 'have come around'. Resolve wasn't as fulsome in his praise of the empyrean 2 as DMS and Joshua Valour were but he does regard it as an improvement over its predecessors. as for WaveTheory, his review of the meze liric 2 was far more positive. it costs considerably less than the empyrean 2, however.
Interesting. Would you say the differences you heard are worth a $2000 gap?

May 5, 2024 at 6:28 PM Post #602 of 611
Interesting. Would you say the differences you heard are worth a $2000 gap?
Are you asking about a difference between Liric II and Elite or how did you end up with a 2000$ gap?

May 10, 2024 at 5:47 AM Post #604 of 611
May 12, 2024 at 12:28 AM Post #605 of 611
Hey guys! Just wanted to let you know I'm selling my pair of brand new Empyrean II. In case anyone is interested, reach out :)
Cheers!

May 14, 2024 at 5:53 PM Post #606 of 611
Love my Empy 2, but the Alcantara ones get itchy after a while. I see there are two options: Leather and Hybrid. Has anyone tried them both?

May 17, 2024 at 7:37 PM Post #607 of 611
Here's a hot take to the extent a subjective preference can form the basis of a hot take: I prefer my Empy 2s driven by my SLP Phonitor XE over the Susvara driven by my Benchmark ABH2-and by a comfortable margin. I obsess over the fullness of Empy 2's upper bass into the lower mids.

May 30, 2024 at 6:58 PM Post #610 of 611
Hi all,

I’m a little baffled as I seem to be having some comfort issues with these. I’m loving the sound and don’t want to go through a long return process so I’d really like to keep them.

But I find they put an odd amount of pressure behind my ears (specifically in the mastoid bone region, for my anatomy enthusiasts). It’s not outrageously uncomfortable but it is distracting. I have struggled to find any references online at all to anyone saying that these, the originals, or the elites are anything but the most comfortable headphones ever.

Meze support suggested I try the original leather pads. Can anyone with the leather pads vouch for them being more plush with less clamp than the Duos? Do the pads “break in” at all?

May 31, 2024 at 2:11 AM Post #611 of 611
I can confirm that the clamp pressure is a little bit less (not very much but clearly noticeable) with the Leather pads because the leather pads are clearly thinner as the duo pads. I choose them because the Empy II sounds better for me with the leather pads, it adds more Bass. If you have protruding ears, your ears may touch the grill of the leather pads.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back