Meze Audio 109 Pro
May 29, 2024 at 5:32 PM Post #3,526 of 3,533
Guys, I bet this has been covered before, but could someone suggest a good 4.4 cable for the 109, preferrably copper. I looked at the original Meze offering, but at 300€ it is just a bit too much. I'm willing to spend up to 100€.

Just received one of these yesterday.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/100...der_detail.order_detail_item.2.34e3f19cKtn3FL

I used to be sceptical about ordering from AliExpress, but I've now done it three times in the last month without any issues.

May 29, 2024 at 8:32 PM Post #3,527 of 3,533
Guys, I bet this has been covered before, but could someone suggest a good 4.4 cable for the 109, preferrably copper. I looked at the original Meze offering, but at 300€ it is just a bit too much. I'm willing to spend up to 100€.
The 4.4mm balanced cable for the 99 Classics works just as well as the “silver” version

$79 CDN at Headphonebar.com

Or check Amazon

Last edited:
May 29, 2024 at 9:15 PM Post #3,528 of 3,533
Alright,

Thanks for the answer(s)
I'm gonna return them, thanks for the input !

Now I'm going to look a headphone that sound like the Meze 109 pro with crystal clear treble : Mission impossible haha

Maybe the focal clear mg, but it double the price of the Meze..

Thanks again so cable are purely esthetic.
What about a DAC ? Are there dac that tames trebles ?

May 30, 2024 at 5:19 AM Post #3,529 of 3,533
Alright,

Thanks for the answer(s)

Now I'm going to look a headphone that sound like the Meze 109 pro with crystal clear treble : Mission impossible haha

What about a DAC ? Are there dac that tames trebles ?
Before spending a lot of money, consider one of the finest and more balanced open headphones under € 2000, the Neumann NDH-30 at € 630. Of course try to listen to it first.

May 30, 2024 at 8:39 AM Post #3,530 of 3,533
did anyone try the new dekoni sheepskin pads?

i am really happy with the stock pads on mine but might change them out if the pads worn out one day

May 30, 2024 at 1:58 PM Post #3,531 of 3,533
Alright,

Thanks for the answer(s)

What about a DAC ? Are there dac that tames trebles

Have you ever considered EQ? Look up Equalizer APO (with Peace plugin). Free to use. The YT channel of Headphones.com has some nice tutorials on how to use it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back