Ibasso PB5 the next dedicated portable Amplifier
Jun 6, 2024 at 5:09 AM Post #496 of 501
Sony WM1ZM2 - Ibasso PB5 - Audio Technica ATH-IEX1
After listening to this setup, I can't go back to any other DAC/headphone amps anymore!
It's my endgame setup, totally love it! 😍
IMG_20240606_170206.jpg

Jun 8, 2024 at 6:39 AM Post #497 of 501
For me, the addition of A2P NOSDAC was a revelation. It brings so much soul and joy to my listening sessions. I was in audio heaven for the past hours listening to several Rare Earth and Doobie Brothers albums, which I seldom listen prior to PB5.

Finally, an audio chain that fulfil my sonic satisfaction.

DX260—Furutech FX-Alpha Ag silver coaxial—A2P NOSDAC—-PB5—-Kotori 8core Epsilon—-IMR Semper/Aur Ascension.
IMG_3453.jpeg

Jun 8, 2024 at 8:51 AM Post #498 of 501
For me, the addition of A2P NOSDAC was a revelation. It brings so much soul and joy to my listening sessions. I was in audio heaven for the past hours listening to several Rare Earth and Doobie Brothers albums, which I seldom listen prior to PB5.

DX260—Furutech FX-Alpha Ag silver coaxial—A2P NOSDAC—-PB5—-Kotori 8core Epsilon—-IMR Semper/Aur Ascension.
IMG_3453.jpeg
You like nosdac better than D16? You compared them?

Jun 8, 2024 at 7:35 PM Post #499 of 501

IMG_3453.jpeg
This NOSDAC is interesting being the only transportable R2R I think exists. It’s too bad that it has only a coax input, no usb, that limits it quite a bit.

Jun 9, 2024 at 8:22 AM Post #500 of 501
You like nosdac better than D16? You compared them?
I’ve yet to demo it. Honestly, has no intention of owning one even though impressions were positives in the D16 thread.
My personnel reasons,
1- I already have few portable amps in my inventory.
2- A pure and simple portable R2R/NOSDAC was all I needed and A2P with its small footprint and price (1/3 of D16) sound more logical to me.

This NOSDAC is interesting being the only transportable R2R I think exists. It’s too bad that it has only a coax input, no usb, that limits it quite a bit.
When A2P informed me that my next NOSDAC charging port likely to be via USB C instead of current 3.5mm port, I did suggest why not include a Digital in as well. Hope, A2P will explore and implement it.

Last edited:
Jun 9, 2024 at 1:29 PM Post #501 of 501
When A2P informed me that my next NOSDAC charging port likely to be via USB C instead of current 3.5mm port, I did suggest why not include a Digital in as well. Hope, A2P will explore and implement it.
Ya, all the transportable DAC I know of have an amp section as well, almost all transistor amps. I use a tube amp (Woo WA8) that I have no intention of replacing and I've been waiting for some time for a transportable R2R DAC. No USB is unfortunate because it's a no-go for me, my source is forever an iPhone! If you have news from A2P I'd be interested to know. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back