Flagship 10 Knowles BA FA19 Is Officially Released
Jun 2, 2024 at 8:10 AM Post #76 of 82
After getting back and forth I've finally decided to order FA19 again. I've been using them for a couple of days now and I'm gonna share my impressions.
The fit is fantastic. When I opened the box and saw them all my worries about the fit dissapeard immediately. They are really not that big as I was expecting them to be. I'll share some photos comparing them with the Fiio JD7:

20240602_120527_124051.jpg
20240602_121610_124150.jpg
20240602_121306_124130.jpg

They are only slightly bigger than the JD7 so don't worry if you have small ears like me. This will fit you. I've been wearing them for 2 hours and no problems. I've tried them with spinfit 100+, dunu S&S tips and Kbear 07, all fit perfectly inside my ear. They are very lightweight at only 7g. Also, they are vented so no pressure building inside my ear which is a good thing for me.

Now about the sound. First of all I'm using them with the switch off. I tried 2-3 songs with the switch on and I was overwhelmed by the bass. Too much bass makes me fatigue so my listening impressions are with the switch off. I'll also wanna say that I'm actually glad they added this switch because it offers versatility. If you are a basshead I think you'll like this a lot. (More about the bass below)

I got to say the most outstanding feature of this IEM is the bass. I mean WOW, really. It's fast, precise and slams when the specific songs calls for it, very good quality bass that really feels like DD. I admit that FA19 has a better bass than my JD7 which has a DD. Now I know the price differents is huge between them but JD7 is the only iem that I have right now to compare.

Mids are very clean. Male and female vocals sound very good on this and no shoutiness.

About the treble I have to say is very nice. My JD7 has a polite or reserved treble emphasis but this FA19? Is my first time hearing how a good treble actually sounds like. It is very smooth, non fatique and I hear no sibilance.
I've listen to a lot of songs from heavy metal, rock, electronic, pop, trance... Everything plays very well. Oh, and also no hissing on Fiio KA5 and KA17. I prefer listening from my KA17 because of the d.mode switch which makes the sound a little bigger making the soundstage very big and wide.

After all I said, is the FA19 a very good iem? Yes, certainly! BUT... the price, that is my only problem. I share @Vamp898 opinion about FA19 being too expensive for what it offers. I admit that despite being a very good iem, I regret buying this at full price. If you're interested in this set wait for a discount or a sale from other headfi members.
Look @FiiO, I like what you have done with FA19 and I want you guys to succeed with FA line but I don't think charging 1000 usd on this is the way to go. Who knows, maybe this will sell like hot cakes and I'm gonna eat my words. I wish you good luck and looking forward to the FX17 launching in september hopefully.

Last edited:
Jun 4, 2024 at 3:22 AM Post #77 of 82
After all I said, is the FA19 a very good iem? Yes, certainly! BUT... the price, that is my only problem. I share @Vamp898 opinion about FA19 being too expensive for what it offers. I admit that despite being a very good iem, I regret buying this at full price. If you're interested in this set wait for a discount or a sale from other headfi members.
Look @FiiO, I like what you have done with FA19 and I want you guys to succeed with FA line but I don't think charging 1000 usd on this is the way to go. Who knows, maybe this will sell like hot cakes and I'm gonna eat my words. I wish you good luck and looking forward to the FX17 launching in september hopefully.
Dear friend,

Hi, thanks for sharing.
Though the price of FA19 is a little bit high for some users, its sound quality is good. To be honest, comparing with other big brand, the price is not expensive. Besides, the sound quality of FA19 is having high improvement comparing with FA9. You could also try to compare the FA19 with other similar headphones in similar price~

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Jun 4, 2024 at 8:49 AM Post #79 of 82
Dear friend,

Hi, thanks for sharing.
Though the price of FA19 is a little bit high for some users, its sound quality is good. To be honest, comparing with other big brand, the price is not expensive. Besides, the sound quality of FA19 is having high improvement comparing with FA9. You could also try to compare the FA19 with other similar headphones in similar price~

Best regards
Dear @FiiO
the sound Quality is good, that is true.

I think there is nothing to complain about the Sound Quality of the FA19, but i think when the price is the same as Shure, Westone or Sony, people will buy at Shure, Westone or Sony.

And i can understand that.

When there is a famous company trusted by many Bands with decades of experience, real local dealers (not just redistributors), most people buy at that company. They also offer some extras.

Just take the IER-M9 from Sony as an example. Sony developed all their drivers themself (from scratch. Not modifying existing drivers, everything from the start), manufacture them in Japan, have unique designs without sound pipes, the earphone is made out of magnesium and carbon fiber, they use self developed capacitors, a 5-way system.

Why should i take the FA19 for the same (or even higher price due to the weak yen) that has a 3-D printed resin shell and slightly modified off-the-shelve drivers with soundpipes on them.

Even if the Sound Quality would be the same, i would get the more expensive product using better materials from Sony for the same price. 699$ is a fair price for this IEM with which, i am sure, you still get enough revenue. 999$ is too much. At least that is my personal opinion. I am not here for giving business decision advice, i am just a customer who is not buying the FA19 because it is too expensive, even though i like it.

For comparison, the FiiO FT5, an Over Ear Headphone with an 90mm planar, costs 449$ (or 499? The prices differe from country to country), how can the FA19 cost 999$? It makes no sense to me.

FiiO had the reputation to offer products for a fair price unlike other companies who often rip off their customers. But the FA19 gives the impression, that this have changed.

Last edited:
Jun 7, 2024 at 2:51 AM Post #80 of 82
The FA19 is now available for preorder in Japan
1717742784075.png
187'000yen, wow. That is almost the price of the IER-Z1R. An luxury Earphone that is Handmade in Japan out of zirconium... not sure what to say about that.
Screenshot_20240607_154705.png
And yes, the IER-M9 is significantly cheaper
Screenshot_20240607_154823.png
As well as the Shure SE846
Screenshot_20240607_155221.png

I am sorry FiiO, but imho there is absolutely no way to justify that price. Sorry. There is no way you can buy some drivers from Knowles, put them in an 3D printed Resin Shell and sell them for almost the price of the IER-Z1R.

Last edited:
Jun 7, 2024 at 3:38 AM Post #81 of 82
There is no way you can buy some drivers from Knowles, put them in an 3D printed Resin Shell and sell them for almost the price of the IER-Z1R.

Hold my beer...

1717746000217.png

Last edited:
Jun 7, 2024 at 10:25 AM Post #82 of 82
The FA19 is now available for preorder in Japan

This is good news. With the distribution around the globe, it increases the chance of having a sale on these sooner. Looking at you summer sale. I have reduced my ceiling to pull the trigger on this one, by the way. :smirk:

Patience, folks... We're the good customers kind...
giphy.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back