Feliks Audio ENVY
May 31, 2024 at 12:14 PM Post #7,126 of 7,128
Received my Envy Performance Edition this evening and am enjoying it very much paired with my HE1000SE for the past few hours.
I'm very pleased to report that there is absolutely no ambient or audible headphone humming (on Lo gain - haven't tried Med-Hi) whatsoever.

I would like to thank @Allears79 for making me aware that Audio46 in NYC is an AD for Feliks Audio - thank you very much.
I placed my order Wednesday morning with SA Tony K (fantastic guy with top notch communication - highly recommended) and as mentioned - received it this evening. Thank you, TonyK for the top notch transaction.

IMG_0338.jpeg
Glad to help and nice to know you're enjoying it!

May 31, 2024 at 2:00 PM Post #7,128 of 7,128
Most users experience no hum at all with the Envy and although there have been users such as myself who have experienced hum, the number is probably in line with the variance of any company regardless of price.

I have no hum on any gain with Susvara. I have no hum on LO with any headphones. I have very slight hum on MED and HI gain with very sensitive headphones with no music playing which is normal for tube amps especially OTC tube amps. It's so slight that I do not hear it with music playing even during quiet passages.

This is basically how it's supposed to be
Yes - I read about your issue @DeeT79 and having sent it toyour AD to swap out the transformers. But as I mentioned - just a few users experience hum and it's mostly due to the tubes. Also - I've owned OTC amplifier in the past which had hum, and I'm definitely not a fan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back