Eletech Cables Official Impressions & Discussions Thread
Jun 7, 2024 at 2:51 AM Post #5,717 of 5,730
could you please describe in detail what the sound of the xe6 with the Euclid and Aristotle cable is like in terms of tone and technical performance? and how does the stock cable of the xe6 compare to them?

However, it's not that simple in my opinion. If someone spends $1,000 - $2,000 or $3,000 on a cable and then either hears something or not, it's very rude. This thing should be totally clear. You spend a lot of money on something and expect everything to be better because that's why you spent it.

you see, that's the mistake right there: "expect everything to be better".
It depends on several factors...synergy with your gear (the whole chain), your taste and music preference, how you like things to sound...
Cables are not guarantee to work for your setup and preferences. that is why a lot of us went through a lot of them (and still do), before finding one to mate indefinitely with a specific IEM.
I hate to be the nearer of bad news, but cable rolling is a journey, just like everything else in this hobby.
There isn't a "one and done" cable...I recently purchased another TOTL cable which while it works well with one pair of IEM, I am not so sure it's the right choice for me... so I might sell it and try something else.

I respectfully disagree. That is a very entitled opinion. In my experience with clients, expectations and demands incongruent with reality are often associated with suboptimal outcomes. Or at least, an unsatisfied client.

I will state outright that listening impressions are subjective. What you may hear can be entirely different to others. And can even differ day by day. If I've been listening to a certain set-up for some time and make a change, my brain may require a psychological adaptation and recalibration to something new. I may spend on a cable not because I think it will be better but because I intend to fine-tune the tonality for an IEM or even a genre of music. Change the DAP and the balance is all off again. Isn't this journey fun?

Asking repeatedly for someone else's opinion may not be externally valid and applicable to your experience. The only way to work out whether a cable will work for you is to try it. Preferably over an extended audition. Now I don't know if Eletech (or other) cables go on tour or you have a local dealership who stock them where you can try them out.

The other option is to explore the secondary market as most Eletech cables are in demand that if you pick one up second hand, you won't lose that much money if you choose to let it go.

For Xe6, yes, the stock cable could be better. But again, without knowing what you desire to change or hear it is difficult to advise on a cable. If technical aspects are what you are hoping for, I would even go so far to say the Xe6 would not have been my first choice.

More importantly, can you discern what you mean by this? Please, just try some cables. Had you been more polite and less demanding I probably would have sent you one so you wouldn't have to ask so many questions.
Like @Tanalasta said, words might not exactly be what you are looking for. I enjoy Eletech cables for their ergonomics, craftsmanship. I was looking for a longer (1.5metre) cable for my Xe6, and for that reason alone @Eric Chong 's cable fits the bill and was exactly what I was looking for as I ordered custom lenghth, lol. It also fits estetically as my customs are white. Sound details are a second thought, honestly. I might've gotten similar results with the Eros S or a Code24 as they both, as does the Euclid, lift the veil so to speak. But I couldn't handle the ergonomics of either, as the Code24 turned my comfy custom I use while out and about into something that bothers me a little bit too much. It's a great cable in its own right, I will just use it for a set that I'll use while I'm stationary. I'm exactly the reason why online impressions should be taken with a grain of salt, because my main reason for Xe6 and Raven cable change is stock cable ergonomics. Xe6 earhooks irritate me, and Raven was unusable for longer periods of time with stock PW Audio. Moreover, I found my ergo target with a Rn6 stock cable for both IEMs, but kept looking around. I am fortunate enough to be able to blind buy the Aristotle and Euclid and enjoy whatever they bring to the table, but I would not advise this to most audio enthusiasts, especially ones that ask around so often for other people's opinion. Nothing wrong with that of course, do as you will, but I am worried you are set for disappointment because you seem to be expecting a lot. Please, heed my and other posters advice and go to your nearest dealer, audio show, participate in a tour, grab a demo. Not one sentence anyone says is worth more than your own experience with the gear.

Jun 7, 2024 at 9:27 AM Post #5,718 of 5,730
Cable announcement threads always get trolled because they are featured on the front page which gets the attention of the "general public" :D And usually, you will find the same keyboard warriors who don't care or don't believe in cables, making their sarcastic remarks. Nothing has changed in years, it always has been like that. If you want to get real impressions from real users, you come to dedicated threads like this one where you can have a more civilized discussion.

In addition to all the wise words/suggestions already mentioned above, please also keep in mind the diminishing return value of the cable. Just because you are adding $1k cable to a $1k pair of iems, it will not make it sound 2x better, or adding it to any iems will not make it "$1k better" in general. Many audiophiles are searching for perfection, willing to pay thousands of dollars for 10% (relative to how they hear it) improvement of their particular audio-chain. If you question the cable's value and are unsure if it is worth paying that much, many cable manufacturers, including Eletech, offer cheaper options with similar build quality and cool designs while using different wire materials which drive the cost down :)

Jun 10, 2024 at 3:25 AM Post #5,723 of 5,730
IMG_3591.jpeg

IMG_3601.jpeg

I received it today. It's really great. The sound sounds softer and clearer than Raphael.

Last edited:
Jun 10, 2024 at 11:13 PM Post #5,724 of 5,730
I have been away for my birthday trip to London and the UK. Hence, I had to wait to receive these gorgeous cables. Two phrases come to mind, in addition to the gorgeous cables: unparalleled unboxing experience and such absolutely gorgeous leather cases! @Eric Chong and team have really outdone themselves with these! :)

IMG_5722.jpeg
IMG_5723.jpeg
IMG_5725.jpeg
IMG_5727.jpeg
IMG_5728.jpeg
IMG_5729.jpeg
IMG_5730.jpeg
IMG_5732.jpeg
IMG_5735.jpeg
IMG_5736.jpeg
IMG_5738.jpeg
IMG_5739.jpeg

Jun 11, 2024 at 12:14 PM Post #5,725 of 5,730
Kiats

Congrats on the addition of the Euclid and the Aristotle to your collection!
Look forward to reading your thoughts.
(Finished a 100 hr burn in on both cables in my possession over the weekend, but that pesky thing called "work" is keeping me from having time this week to do any critical listening so I'm sure you or others will beat me to it with impression posts.)
Enjoy the cables, as I have. Off the cuff listening, these do perform well above their positioning as a mid line product, and very entertaining so far, but do have different personalities that are complimentary to each other (IMO).

But more importantly, CONGRATULATIONS on your birthday!
We all need to be able to step away and enjoy time with friends and family, and glad you were able to do so!

Jun 11, 2024 at 5:43 PM Post #5,726 of 5,730
Companion case looks pretty good in basic black…

IMG_2424.jpeg

Jun 11, 2024 at 6:00 PM Post #5,727 of 5,730
Kiats

Congrats on the addition of the Euclid and the Aristotle to your collection!
Look forward to reading your thoughts.
(Finished a 100 hr burn in on both cables in my possession over the weekend, but that pesky thing called "work" is keeping me from having time this week to do any critical listening so I'm sure you or others will beat me to it with impression posts.)
Enjoy the cables, as I have. Off the cuff listening, these do perform well above their positioning as a mid line product, and very entertaining so far, but do have different personalities that are complimentary to each other (IMO).

But more importantly, CONGRATULATIONS on your birthday!
We all need to be able to step away and enjoy time with friends and family, and glad you were able to do so!
Thanks! Yeah… I have only gotten around to pairing the Aristotle to the FitEar Titan. :) Only had about half hour listen thus far. Agree with you about how ET cables tend to punch above their price point.

Thank you! Yes, it was nice to get away and spend time with the family, which is too rare with the Mrs traveling all the time and my young man living and working in the UK. :)

I might not beat you to impressions cos I have some indulgent audio gifts to myself this June. Some are being made as we speak and others which have arrived or are arriving soon. Busy time. But in a most pleasurable way. 😆

Jun 11, 2024 at 7:01 PM Post #5,728 of 5,730
Thank you! Yes, it was nice to get away and spend time with the family, which is too rare with the Mrs traveling all the time and my young man living and working in the UK. :)

I didn't realize you were on a Birthday holiday at first. As soon as I did, I stopped bothering you lol. :smile:

Jun 11, 2024 at 7:11 PM Post #5,729 of 5,730
I didn't realize you were on a Birthday holiday at first. As soon as I did, I stopped bothering you lol. :smile:
Hahah! No issues at all! Plenty of good food with the family. and music on the road with the LP E7 and beautiful ET cables with my FitEars :)

Jun 11, 2024 at 9:34 PM Post #5,730 of 5,730
Deleted, wrong thread.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back