Earbuds Round-Up
May 30, 2024 at 6:44 PM Post #75,706 of 75,717
New BGVP earbud: DX7

427990150_1018463616305085_339259668132496420_n.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/bgvpfb/pos...RQHxAJSf8jcrJehmJ4mLs833CL7yUAWtB2nUAnS4hjtNl

How is it compared with uguisu? Or RW2000?

Not sure, I've not tried the Moondrop paper clip earbud. But if initial reviews that I read state that it is a bit lowFI sounding, I doubt it can compete technically with the RW2000.

Maybe someone who has both can chime in?

May 30, 2024 at 7:19 PM Post #75,707 of 75,717
Guys we are almost halfway through the year, I think it's time for some updated lists, what do you think?
How about some top five best overall value earbuds? Not the best thing you ever heard, but best bang for buck...

Here's mine:

5⁰ Fiio FF1 (inexpensive all rounder, must have for the price)

4⁰ Fiio FF3 (great bass, good price, awesome value)

3⁰ Dunu Alpha 3 (TOTL sound for 80 bucks)

2⁰ Yinman 600 ( beats stuff 10x the prime, including iems and headphones)

1⁰ Rikubuds GAS (best thing I ever heard)

Remember guys this is all subjective:)

I would love to see yours, cheers!
Best value I'll cut to the chase
1. Riku s3

Could I list more? Sure. But I won't because in the price range (yes, these are a few more bucks) these are the best I have and I wouldn't recommend the rest of the list as easily as I'd recommend hitting up Rikubuds.

May 30, 2024 at 8:34 PM Post #75,708 of 75,717
Guys we are almost halfway through the year, I think it's time for some updated lists, what do you think?
How about some top five best overall value earbuds? Not the best thing you ever heard, but best bang for buck...

Here's mine:

5⁰ Fiio FF1 (inexpensive all rounder, must have for the price)

4⁰ Fiio FF3 (great bass, good price, awesome value)

3⁰ Dunu Alpha 3 (TOTL sound for 80 bucks)

2⁰ Yinman 600 ( beats stuff 10x the prime, including iems and headphones)

1⁰ Rikubuds GAS (best thing I ever heard)

Remember guys this is all subjective:)

I would love to see yours, cheers!
Here is my list

1. Blox TM11 : 165 us$ + cable price
1000081779.jpg

2. DIY Shozy BK Balanced(using docomo earbuds) : 115 us$
MMCX docomo Shozy BK.jpg

3. DIY FQL Caelum(bery 120 driver) : 45 us$
1000017602.jpg

4. DIY bery 130 driver : 60 us$
130bery.jpg

5. DIY EP3(using Model: EP3, mmcx OCC cable) : 35 us$
1000081769.jpg

Last edited:
May 31, 2024 at 12:11 AM Post #75,709 of 75,717
I use short-circuited socket on the MMCX side (to measure all the jack - socket - jack path) and UNI-T UT117C in Rel mode on the jack side.
Thank you!

May 31, 2024 at 12:15 AM Post #75,710 of 75,717
Here are my very belated impressions on NiceHCK YDX

All impressions had throught TempoTec V6 3,5mm, High Gain, Volume between 20 and 23 out of 100 volume steps.
All using Faaeal Full Foams, except by YDX that was using Trig Rain Donut Foams, and A-Bells, which was using Trig Rain Full Foams.

Traceless is the most 'balanced' of the bunch, not being too much exaggerated when compared to its brothers. Its bass quantity sits between YD30 that has very little, and YDX that has more, it has some warmth in it, but in general is clean in the frequencies that cause warmth, having no much emphasis on it. Its treble extension is on pair with YD30, but is brighter than the former. Has a slight peak in 2khz, but nothing too major.
Has the biggest stage of the three, wide, a little tall, not much deep. Separation is pretty similar to YDX, and both lose to YD30 by a little margin; detail retrieval is also close between Traceless and YDX, but this time around, YD30 is worser than them. All the other technicalities are better on Traceless.
Flat-ish bright, big stage, decent technicalities.

YD30 is very lean with some sharpness in 3-5khz, also some minor sibilance; midbass is the cleanest of the three, but it does not go as deep as the other two, and has also the least present bass overall. Treble is in between Traceless emphasized treble, and YDX kind of recessed one. In general it sounds cleaner than YDX and Traceless.
Soundstage is intimate and closed in, it is not big, nor it sounds 'open', has better separation than its brothers, but is behind in everything else.
Midcentric, sharp mids, early bass roll-off, poor technicalities.

YDX, if well fitted, has midbass punch (at least with bassy tracks), and more midbass quantity than the other two, its bass extension reaches deeper than YD30 and Traceless; its mids are foward in the mix, they are warm and 2khz seems to be dipped, also they don't have any sharp peaks (at least to my ears); the highs are not pronounced in any way, maybe even a little recessed, they also roll-off earlier compared to its predecessors.
Its technicalities are either on par, or are inferior to Traceless; comparing its soundstage to Traceless i would describe it as somewhat wide, even less tall and similar depth, so second place.
Midcentric, warm, midbass quantity, bass extension, inoffensive highs.

Putting a 4,4mm cable in YDX makes its bass more tight, it also lowers them a bit, 2khz shows up a little, and treble rises just a tad. That muffled and soft sensation disappears. Technicalities improve a little.

Other Comparisons

Lun Sheng Aeolian Bells

Both are midcentric and warm.
YDX has more warm mids, and sounds more intimate and softer, maybe even a little muffled.
A-Bells are brighter with better treble extension; bass is similar, more present and extended on YDX, but tighter on A-bells.
Aeolian Bells technicalities are better in all aspects, separation, imaging, positioning, soundstage, resolution, you name it.

FAAEAL Iris 2.0
Complete opposites, Iris 2.0 is V shaped while YDX is midcentric and warm.
YDX has much more warm mids this time, and is even softer sounding, while Iris 2.0 are way brighter, has less pronounced mids, is more extended on both side, also has more controlled, more impactful, and maybe even a little more midbass quantity overall.
While its soundstage is not super large, it has decent quantities of all dimensions, and is less closed in than YDX. No further comments about the other technicalities, as all are better than YDX's ones.

In conclusion, i would like to say that YDX remembered me of how fundamental is to have a good fit, if i simply put it in my ear, very little bass, but with very little fiddling around, i could fit it better and get a much better sound as result; different from bigger shells that i usually have to mess around more to fit proprely, i had less difficulty doing so with YDX. It is also actually my most confortable bud.
Its cable is very lightwheight, and has shown minimal to no tangling until now.
If you get it for around 10$ (which was what i paid for it), i think it is decent, if not, i would pass, i do not think it worths any more than that.

May 31, 2024 at 6:02 AM Post #75,711 of 75,717
May 31, 2024 at 9:16 AM Post #75,714 of 75,717
Hello everyone,
for the past few years, i've heard a few earbuds i'll now try to name exhaustively : EBX (first gen),RW-9,X6, Aurvana Air,
E1008, JC10, EP09, TG 38s, Rosemary, Ansata Pro, Dendroaspis Viridis.
I know consensus is quite the anomaly to come across with in audio realm but is the fact that the TG 38s are really doing something quite special for their price a relatively common opinion ?
And for those of you knowledgeable ones who would be feeling the same about that model, which buds would you consider to be their sound signature twin brothers ?

Last edited:
May 31, 2024 at 10:01 AM Post #75,715 of 75,717
Hello everyone,
for the past few years, i've heard a few earbuds i'll now try to name exhaustively : EBX (first gen),RW-9,X6, Aurvana Air,
I know consensus is quite the anomaly to come across with in audio realm but is the fact that the TG 38s are really doing something quite special for their price a relatively common opinion ?
And for those of you knowledgeable ones who would be feeling the same about that model, which buds would you consider to be their sound signature twin brothers ?
It is quite well known that the old TG 38s have an unusually wide soundstage, and there are no other earbuds like them anymore, so take care of them.

May 31, 2024 at 11:01 PM Post #75,717 of 75,717
Here are my very belated impressions on NiceHCK YDX

All impressions had throught TempoTec V6 3,5mm, High Gain, Volume between 20 and 23 out of 100 volume steps.
All using Faaeal Full Foams, except by YDX that was using Trig Rain Donut Foams, and A-Bells, which was using Trig Rain Full Foams.

Traceless is the most 'balanced' of the bunch, not being too much exaggerated when compared to its brothers. Its bass quantity sits between YD30 that has very little, and YDX that has more, it has some warmth in it, but in general is clean in the frequencies that cause warmth, having no much emphasis on it. Its treble extension is on pair with YD30, but is brighter than the former. Has a slight peak in 2khz, but nothing too major.
Has the biggest stage of the three, wide, a little tall, not much deep. Separation is pretty similar to YDX, and both lose to YD30 by a little margin; detail retrieval is also close between Traceless and YDX, but this time around, YD30 is worser than them. All the other technicalities are better on Traceless.
Flat-ish bright, big stage, decent technicalities.

YD30 is very lean with some sharpness in 3-5khz, also some minor sibilance; midbass is the cleanest of the three, but it does not go as deep as the other two, and has also the least present bass overall. Treble is in between Traceless emphasized treble, and YDX kind of recessed one. In general it sounds cleaner than YDX and Traceless.
Soundstage is intimate and closed in, it is not big, nor it sounds 'open', has better separation than its brothers, but is behind in everything else.
Midcentric, sharp mids, early bass roll-off, poor technicalities.

YDX, if well fitted, has midbass punch (at least with bassy tracks), and more midbass quantity than the other two, its bass extension reaches deeper than YD30 and Traceless; its mids are foward in the mix, they are warm and 2khz seems to be dipped, also they don't have any sharp peaks (at least to my ears); the highs are not pronounced in any way, maybe even a little recessed, they also roll-off earlier compared to its predecessors.
Its technicalities are either on par, or are inferior to Traceless; comparing its soundstage to Traceless i would describe it as somewhat wide, even less tall and similar depth, so second place.
Midcentric, warm, midbass quantity, bass extension, inoffensive highs.

Putting a 4,4mm cable in YDX makes its bass more tight, it also lowers them a bit, 2khz shows up a little, and treble rises just a tad. That muffled and soft sensation disappears. Technicalities improve a little.

Other Comparisons

Lun Sheng Aeolian Bells

Both are midcentric and warm.
YDX has more warm mids, and sounds more intimate and softer, maybe even a little muffled.
A-Bells are brighter with better treble extension; bass is similar, more present and extended on YDX, but tighter on A-bells.
Aeolian Bells technicalities are better in all aspects, separation, imaging, positioning, soundstage, resolution, you name it.

FAAEAL Iris 2.0
Complete opposites, Iris 2.0 is V shaped while YDX is midcentric and warm.
YDX has much more warm mids this time, and is even softer sounding, while Iris 2.0 are way brighter, has less pronounced mids, is more extended on both side, also has more controlled, more impactful, and maybe even a little more midbass quantity overall.
While its soundstage is not super large, it has decent quantities of all dimensions, and is less closed in than YDX. No further comments about the other technicalities, as all are better than YDX's ones.

In conclusion, i would like to say that YDX remembered me of how fundamental is to have a good fit, if i simply put it in my ear, very little bass, but with very little fiddling around, i could fit it better and get a much better sound as result; different from bigger shells that i usually have to mess around more to fit proprely, i had less difficulty doing so with YDX. It is also actually my most confortable bud.
Its cable is very lightwheight, and has shown minimal to no tangling until now.
If you get it for around 10$ (which was what i paid for it), i think it is decent, if not, i would pass, i do not think it worths any more than that.
Very nice. I've been looking at the ydx's for a while now. I have the Traceless which I love. The yd30 I didn't like at all. Didn't take that will to eq either so I gifted them to a friend that's just starting out.

I can't decide between these or the Temperament x10. I think I may get both when the next AliExpress sale starts. Which is tomorrow I believe. But I won't pay over $10 for the YDX like you said

Hello everyone,
Which one do you like more between the Rosemary and rw-9? I've had my eyes on the rw-9 for a long time too

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back