Campfire Chat - Official Campfire Audio 2024 Thread!
May 31, 2024 at 11:22 PM Post #1,306 of 1,309
Can anyone share an EQ profile they have going for Bonneville? Treble has been a little aggressive for me lately, most likely due to my new source. Trying to smooth it out a little bit on the top end

No EQ for me. I think your DAP/source is emphasizing the treble note edges too much if it's peaky/aggressive, and EQ IMHO will sacrifice finest refinements in the note edges. I even use the Pentaconn Corier Brass to make the treble (and the whole frequency range especially the bass) even more refined sounding

1717211983439.png

IMG_0288.JPG

May 31, 2024 at 11:23 PM Post #1,307 of 1,309
With an excellent tube, I've never heard the Vali++ (I haven't heard the Vali 3 yet) but even the notorious Andromeda CK Blue DID NOT hiss at all. I've also tried the Campfire Vega OG on the Vali++ and that too didn't hiss (then again, Vega didn't hiss on the Mojo 1). I don't think even Jason himself designed the Vali++ to be IEM friendly, just an amusing discovery that Vali is extremely well behaved with low impedance IEMs while other Schiit amps such as the Asgard 3 go limp mode + hissing (protection mode) when driving the Andromeda.

I'll definitely visit Schiitr before it truly dies away just to test the Vali 3 on the hissing aspect! I do hope it behaves extremely well with these super sensitive low impedance IEMs as well

I just ordered a Vali 3 and several additional tubes. I will report back about hiss or otherwise with the Solaris.

May 31, 2024 at 11:25 PM Post #1,308 of 1,309
I just ordered a Vali 3 and several additional tubes. I will report back about hiss or otherwise with the Solaris.

You will need a preamp or digital volume control to the Vali on Campfire IEMs because the volume play is almost non-existent! Let me know how it goes!

May 31, 2024 at 11:28 PM Post #1,309 of 1,309
You will need a preamp to the Vali on Campfire IEMs because the volume play is almost non-existent! Let me know how it goes!

I have a few options that allow that.

I will most certainly let you know how it works out.

The Vali 3 should be here reasonably quickly but I imagine the additional tubes will meander their way around the globe for the $9 shipping option !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back