Best IEM tips?
May 30, 2024 at 4:13 PM Post #3,391 of 3,396
Is this type of tip supposed to be stuffed into the ear ...

Right. If you use a smaller size, you should be able to get a deeper insertion with these eartips. Time will tell the comfort level, though.

I only do shallow insertion with them, btw. Squeeze them before inserting, then you should start feeling your cartilage being assaulted. YMMV. They seal pretty good to me though. But not the best comfort by a good margin.

May 30, 2024 at 5:06 PM Post #3,392 of 3,396
Congrats and welcome to the "dark side".
giphy.gif
Tip rolling is still the cheapest hobby out there on head fi
1000035876.gif

May 31, 2024 at 5:00 AM Post #3,393 of 3,396
Right. If you use a smaller size, you should be able to get a deeper insertion with these eartips. Time will tell the comfort level, though.

I only do shallow insertion with them, btw. Squeeze them before inserting, then you should start feeling your cartilage being assaulted. YMMV. They seal pretty good to me though. But not the best comfort by a good margin.
Thanks, will give that a try :)

May 31, 2024 at 6:39 AM Post #3,394 of 3,396
Thanks, will give that a try :)

Yep, roll them, insert them and hold them in place while the foam expands back out.

They are not damaged, the foam is completely separate and with use can leave a little gap between it and the silicone dome. You can actually turn the tip inside out and pull the foam out.

I can’t use the S and S tips either in any size. The square edge hits my ear canal and the soft material just collapses backwards so they don’t actually insert into my ear and have zero chance of getting a consistent and effective seal. I have a few sets and have tried them on a bunch of IEM with different fit requirements and they are universally hopeless for me.

I might get some TRI Clarions to try, cheers.

Last edited:
May 31, 2024 at 8:20 AM Post #3,395 of 3,396
Yep, roll them, insert them and hold them in place while the foam expands back out.

They are not damaged, the foam is completely separate and with use can leave a little gap between it and the silicone dome. You can actually turn the tip inside out and pull the foam out.

I can’t use the S and S tips either in any size. The square edge hits my ear canal and the soft material just collapses backwards so they don’t actually insert into my ear and have zero chance of getting a consistent and effective seal. I have a few sets and have tried them on a bunch of IEM with different fit requirements and they are universally hopeless for me.

I might get some TRI Clarions to try, cheers.

Gotta give them another try, with this method :)

Sounds like we have had very similar experiences with S&S tips, it felt completely wrong when I tried them. Not sure what happened, but tried a few times, and it just did not work at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back